Monday, June 7, 2010

Hello Again!


For the 4 of you out there who haven't given up on my bloggy blog I offer an apology.

Sorry.

Poor sweet Chad has been living in and out of suitcases for several weeks. But now that I am back home I am at your mercy to help you live your life a little better by avoiding the horrors that I face daily. Teehee.

Right now I'm doing what I do best. Being very productive in every aspect of life except the one I'm supposed to be working on.

I'm sitting here writing my first blog in over a month and watching "Stranger Than Fiction" when I should be working on my article.

Case in point people. Case. In. Point.

I promised myself that I would lock myself in my apartment and get SO MUCH written! It was going to be a-mazing!

Here's what the world beckoned me to do instead:

I folded/hung about 80 pounds of laundry. Then for good measure I reorganized my shoes.

I picked up The Mists of Avalon again. It's taking me FOREVER to read it because I read it for a week and then I don't for five. I'm really into it today. Did you know King Arthur, Lancelot, and Guinevere had a threesome? If I had known about this I would have read it a long (LONG!) time ago!

I completed my passport forms so I can mail in my renewal instead of having to go into a post office to deal with their big bag of b.s.

This led to my having a small breakdown over my new passport photo. A good 20 minutes was spent trying to pinpoint who I reminded myself of in this awful picture. I have narrowed it down to 3 finalists:

#1 - Rodney Dangerfield after spending a winter in a Nazi concentration camp

#2 - Bobo from the movie "Nothing But Trouble"

#3 - That movie, "Supersize Me" (the one where the guy eats McDonalds for 30 days and his kidneys shut down and he gains like 30 pounds and his girlfriend is in serious need of some make-up?) if the star had been the movie character, Powder - then after the 30 day fast food binge . . . that would be me.

Hmmmm . . .

Anyway. THEN I sat down to write.

And by "write" I mean eat a quart of Brown Cow maple yogurt and watch Disney's Robin Hood.

Seriously? It's amazing and I'm really excited about it right now. (It could be that everything is just more entertaining than writing scientific articles.)

Oo De Lally, Oo De Lally.

Okay - it's time to write now.

But then Zahra calls and asks if I want an iced tea. She'll bring me one if I do.

Maybe Zahra is stuck in a terrible situation and needs an escape and I'm her only option, but she can't say so because people are listening so she must speak in code.

"Would you like me to drive downtown to bring you an iced tea from Wendy's?" is TOTALLY code for "I need a reason to leave and you? Are it."

Then I got around to thinking about work. I may as well research endangered tarantulas for the next thing I have to write.

(You know - because I'm doing so well with this one.)

Tarantula research brings me to looking into finding an endangered tarantula to procure FOR work!

Which also led me to go outside with a Kerr jar to hunt down insects.

I got 3 German cockroaches.

While I'm supposed to be writing I'm outside in a dark alley with my Wendy's iced tea scooping up roaches in a jar.

I double dare you to name someone that can procrastinate with such tenacity.


1 comment:

  1. Haha! And now I want to a.) I want to borrow "Stranger Than Fiction" for a night to watch it again... b.) maybe do the same with "Robin Hood," though I wouldn't say again cause I ahve never seen it.... and c.) Drink more Ice Tea!

    ReplyDelete